DIR Contract Detail
Indigo Beam is pleased to have the opportunity to expand our government services by being an approved vendor through the Department of Information Resources (DIR) Cooperative Contracts Program with the following contract:
State of Texas: Department of Information Resources DBITS 2: Deliverables-Based IT Services Contract DIR-TSO-4078
Benefits of Using the DBITS Contract
All contracts have been competitively bid so you no longer have to prepare competitive solicitations or evaluate responses. DIR has done the time-consuming procurement work for you. Any Texas state, county or local government office or public education entity—no matter how small—can participate in the Co-op Contracts program.
Can public entities outside the State of Texas also use the DBITS contract?
Yes. Public entities outside the State of Texas may also use the DBITS contract.
Indigo Beam offers the following technology categories through the DBITS contract:
Application Maintenance and Support
- Definition: Application Maintenance and Support includes the skills and requirements for supporting application systems, including troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining and enhancing legacy systems. Application Maintenance and Support also applies to applications running in a production environment.
- Examples of included services: research, analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting and implementing maintenance changes; correcting software errors; modifying reports and ensuring accurate report runs; making modifications to the applications and documentation; writing ad hoc queries; loading and applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery testing, planning and documentation. Services may need to be available 24/7 or on an on-call basis.
- Definition: Application Development is the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination. The requirements for new applications may require interfaces to existing applications.
- Examples of included services: web application development; mobile application development; service oriented architecture (SOA); researching; analyzing; gathering requirements; designing; programming; testing; documenting and implementing; applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation.
Information Technology Project Management
- Definition: Project Management service providers may perform any or all of the project management processes identified by the Project Management Institute as published in the PMBOK® Guide, Fifth Edition or most recent.
- Examples of included services: utilizing the Customer’s tools and processes, using off-the-shelf tools, using Vendor’s own proprietary tools and processes to manage a project and using the Texas Project Delivery Framework. Information about the framework tool can be found on the DIR website.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Definition: ERP is an amalgamation of an organization’s information systems designed to automate and integrate a variety of functions, commonly referred to as “back office”, including financials, human resources and asset management. These systems are modularized and generally highly configurable.
- Examples of included services: planning and assessment; requirements development; business process reengineering (BPR); implementation and conversion services; application programming and support services; database administration, system software administration and support; functional support; and training support.
How to Order
The DIR Cooperative Contracts program requires two items to be completed before work can begin:
1. Statement of Work
2. Purchase Order
- Once the project details are finalized, the Statement of Work will be signed by both organizations and you can request a PO from your purchasing department to be submitted to Indigo Beam.
- As soon as we receive the PO, we will begin work on your project.
For more information on the DIR contract ordering process, please visit the DIR Cooperative Contracts program website.